Guild Wars Lag Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have just installed guild wars about a week ago. I live in Australia. I am experiencing very bad lag. But the weird thing is that it only occurs after about 10 minutes of playing time. When the lag occurs i can here a funny noise from the inside of my computer. Possibly the hard drive im not sure. My specs are:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
1Gb of ram
Radeon 9600xt with the latest drivers 128 Mb
Cable Internet (10mbps)

I put the settings in the game all to low to see if it sped things up but no diffrence. I have also defraged my hard drive and seperately defragged the Gw.Dat file. Still no diffrence. Thanks for your time i hope i can get some help.

Might be the system delving into the virtual memory... but I dunno why... I have GW and it sure doesn't need more than 1GB RAM. But when the system needs more than the amount of RAM it has, it uses part of the hard drive as RAM. But since the Hard drive is slow, the whole system slows down considerably as it writes to the hard drive. Check if there are lots of background programs running and if there are, close some of them.

I agree with what MetalX said, GW should run with no problems on 1GB. I would suggest following his steps.

Do you have anyomre games in which you play? If so, do you get the same problem? Maybe run anyother system intesive program and see if this problems comes into play.

What I am getting at

Your system could be heating up to a point where you motherboard will throttle your CPU back to a lowrr speed (So it would take a a 3Ghz p4 to 1.5Ghz) in order to cool things down. The best way to test this would to just run another CPU intensive program and see if you have anymore problems.

Best
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back