Guild Wars Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optikal Fuzion

I wanted to start a thread all about Guild Wars. I know that I am still a noob to TS but I think that this game definately needs its own thread.

To start off my names are Dalenia Uranima, Rinsako Uranima and Optikal Fuzion. I love Guild Wars and have been playing for about a year now. Only problem is that I am in the U.S. Army and am now deployed to Iraq. I have a super slow satellite connection and can't even seem to get the maps downloaded to get into the game. Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed up or maxmize my connection/download speeds? I am in withdraw stages and need to get my gaming fix. A little help here?

You can minimize the downloads during the game by telling the game to download everything at once. Add -image to the executable parameters. When the download is done, it exits without any messages. You have to remove the parameter to start the game itself.

Once in the game, it requires only about 1 kB/s of bandwidth, but as it's a multiplayer game, it pretty much needs to be constant without connection errors.

I've played occasionally since May 2005, but I've been in a guild for less than a day total. The reason is the same as in WoW - the servers seem to be filled with only teens who can't spell any word correctly.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
You can minimize the downloads during the game by telling the game to download everything at once. Add -image to the executable parameters. When the download is done, it exits without any messages. You have to remove the parameter to start the game itself.

Once in the game, it requires only about 1 kB/s of bandwidth, but as it's a multiplayer game, it pretty much needs to be constant without connection errors.

I've played occasionally since May 2005, but I've been in a guild for less than a day total. The reason is the same as in WoW - the servers seem to be filled with only teens who can't spell any word correctly.

UUUMMMMMM........... I know this probably sounds dumb, but how do I add that to the executable parameters? And once that works, that will be awesome because about 1KB/sec is all that I am getting right now. I have already been downloading ascalon city for two days. I can't wait to get into the game again. I hope to see some of you in there once I do.

Oh and if you need some people to play with, you can look at my guild web page at www.nnjaguild.page.tl we are a small guild, and they don't always keep the webpage updated, probably because I was the webmaster of it and I don't really get a chance anymore. But there are some good people there to play with like Cam, Rowan, and Holy Suns. So if you are looking for some help or a good time hit them up.

Like this:

gw.png

I'm in Europe and play on European English servers.

I have another question??? If I have someone who is playing Guild Wars also, is there any way to have him burn the map and download files to cd and I can install them on my computer that way to avoid the slow connection. Just wondering if there is a way!?

And copying gw.dat copies all of the map info (the stuff I have been trying to download forever)? And do you have to copy the other persons GW.exe if I already have the game installed I just don't have the maps?

Did I mention that you are awesome Mictlantecuhtli? Man how do you say that?

Mictlantecuhtli said:
Yes, no, no, I don't :p

Awesome you are just Mic from now on how about that? So all I have is Prophecies, what is everyone else playing on? And has anyone played Eye of the North yet? How is it?

Ok so I don't want to be the guy who posts total crap just to keep a thread going, so this is the last time I try to get anyone involved before I let the thread drop off.

I started a new character also her name is Insidious Afliktion.

So if anyone has some comments about Guild Wars, hints tips or just wanting to set up to get together and play. Leave a reply and maybe we can get something started. Maybe make a Tech Spot guild?? Later

I get all the tips and information I need from GuildWiki.

I have Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North. The last one is for level 20 folks only, that's about all I can say about it now, as I haven't played it much yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back