Guild Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guild Wars - Physical Memory Dump?!? WTF.

Iv had Guild Wars since its been out and it used to run perfectly.

My PC spec has changed from a 3200+ and 1Gb of ram but its more than enough to play GW on the best graphics settings.

(4400+ X2, 2Gb RAM, 2 x 128Mb 6600GT's in SLI, over 60% space left on my HDD etc)

About a month ago GW just crashed and this blue screen came up with loads of code and it mentioned something about a Pyhsical Memory Dump.

As it was the 1st time Id seen that screen it just said to restart, so I did. 10mins later, same blue screen. This happened for about a week, everyday Id try to play GW and it would happen.

I uninstalled the game and forgot about it.

Yesterday I installed again as a few of my mates just bought it and a level 20 E/Mo nuker is very helpful to lower level players (those of you who play it will know why). Anyway, I updated it, loged in, started playing. 10 mins into it, it froze, then a few seconds later it exited. This little box poped up from NCsoft (GW makers) and said that it had performed a fatal error.

Any ideas as to why this is or what I can do to stop it?

(sorry for the essay)

Check for viruses and spyware. Also, if you recently made hardware changes, check your system specs. Make sure it's saying exactly what's in the machine. Something might not be installed properly.

I virus scan atleast twice a week and every other game I have plays fine (WoW, Auto Assault, Halo, CSS, Farcry, Doom 3, Quake 4 etc)

Apart from Neuro Hunter which just seemed to mess itself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back