Guitar hero for pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fimbles

As a big fan of games and also a keen guitar player i was a bit miffed when the guitar hero series of games came out on the playstaion as i dont own one.

However when browsing the intranetweb i discovered a absolutely brilliant clone called frets on fire, you even have to hold your keyboard like a guitar, the f keys are the frets, enter is your pick. Its a little tricky to pick up but once you get the hang of it i dont think ive found a more rewarding game!

You can also download new songs/ mods and can even import the guitar hero songs!

Try it out!

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

Ive got some great songs for this now including jessica by the allman bros and sweet child of mine by gnr!

Oh and best of all its absolutly free!

Thanks! If you need any help obtaining/installing song packs and mods please feel free to pm me :)

Ive used this a while back and maybe it can be great if you get used to it, but to me it didn't compare to the real deal :( I like to play GH/GH2 on expert with crazy hammer ons and fast strumming and that doesn't convert so well in frets on fire... I did however also find a program called "guitar zero", the UI there is a lot more familiar, and it seems to work better

I've ebayed my Guitar hero 1/2 PS2 games in anticipation for GH3 on Xbox 360, GH3 is also comming out on PC so if you can get a 360 guitar you'll be able to use that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back