TechSpot

gunmetal crashing

By Rory7
Feb 1, 2004
  1. with my asus radeon 9600 xt i got bundled with it a game called gunmetal. Its a mech game, i dont know if anyone on here has is does any of you have the problem were the game just freezes during the first level? My only choice is to turn my pc by the plug since alt f4 ect doenst seem to have any effect. I have got all the newest drivers adn ive re installed countless times. Its really annoying since the game looks as if its cool.

2. InsaneMonkeyBoy

InsaneMonkeyBoy TS Rookie Posts: 201

Is it just this 1 game that's freezing? If so is it a demanding game? cause maybe you need to upgrade something..:)

3. Rory7

Rory7 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 164

(my face remains blank) i dont think many games out perform a 9600 xt

4. InsaneMonkeyBoy

errrrr lol I didn't mean your card :p I meant something like your RAM. Maybe it's not enough. It probably is but you should check how much you have free when the game starts. Also hav you looked for an update on the game? Knowing ATI they bundle old games as well as some new games with their cards so check for updates on it.

5. Rory7

the site doesnt seem to be valid and i had 512 ddr 400 ram so i guess im out of luck.

6. InsaneMonkeyBoy

damn. the game must be too old. Ur RAM is good so I guess you are out of luck.

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Is it only this one game which is a problem?

8. Rory7

yeah

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.