Guys can you help with an unistall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

friend2u

I downloaded this free utility called swizz tool which lets you add memos and alarms etc, I didnt like it and used the utilites unistall option however when I boot up the darn program launches itself from the tray icon. If I cntrl alt del I can end the darn thing but when I boot up again there it is. I ran my registry cleaner and checked the startup folder etc yet it still does this. I checked the authors website and it mentions nothing about problems with uninstall.
Any suggestions? :blackeye:

First try reinstalling the programme, and then uninstalling it from add remove programmes in control panel.

If that doesn`t work. Start a new thread in the security and the web forum, after reading and following the instructions below.

Of course your problem may be the result of buggy software, but it could also be caused by something more sinister.

First go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Finally see How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT. To be attached to your new thread in the security and the web forum only.

Regards Howard :)

Just one little fix you can do in the meantime. Got run and type in msconfig. This will alloe you to selest which program load on start-up and which you don't want to. Try deselecting it as a short term solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back