Hackers attack PlayStation Network, tweet about bomb on plane carrying SOE president John Smedley

1. Having trouble connecting to the PlayStation Network? You're not alone. Sony has confirmed that the online service has been brought down by a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

That's great attack a game company instead of military... instead of trying to actually stop the attacks by cripling the US militarys systems & communication you would rather slow down someones game...

Is it me or is Lizard Squad made by a bunch of full on retards? They actually dont know a thing about how to get stuff going your way like at all... Hope lizard squad gets bombed by ISIS/ISIL.

The Lizard Squad dont have enough skills to hack anything :/
  3. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,154   +197

And its back online again...

Well done lizard squad, You achieved nothing for your country.

You did however stop geoff from oregons 15 kill streak.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,162

If you're (part of) a terrorist outfit, you don't influence world powers by directly challenging superior military forces, you do it by making the lives of their people inconvenient and frightening.

What they fail to realize is that Americans don't like their services interrupted. Do enough meddling with this culture's entertainment and they will flock to recruiting centers for the opportunity to deliver the bombs personally.
    Hexic likes this.
  5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

So they want to prevent people from playing video games because the US military is attacking a terrorist organization, which is probably not improving the way of life of the people in their own country... so much lack of common sense. Oh wait, I mean uncommon sense.
  6. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

Probably a script kiddie. First he was alone, then with anonymous, then with IS. Whoever it is has either built or bought a large bot-net to be able to create enough traffic to shut down services that are used to large numbers of requests just from users logging in.

I have a feeling he got carried away and made a stupid move - a bomb threat. Take down video games and the law might care. F*** with airplanes or the government and that's another story.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Isn't this about the 76th time their network has been hacked in the past year or two?
  8. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

Wasn't a hack. DDOS just means you have thousands or more sources ping a server several hundred times a second to "keep out" real traffic to the server. No hack was made, just thousands of PCs have malware on them.
  9. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,162

Exactly. Think of it like messing with a bank. To hack a bank, you need to crack the safe. DDoS, on the other hand, is roughly the equivalent of banging on the vault door repeatedly with a hammer, until the noise gets so bad nobody can stand to wait in line for deposits/withdrawals. It is annoying, pointless, and weak.

A better analogy would be standing inside an elevator with a bag full of air horns. Unfortunately, DDoS attackers can't be the victims of "unexpected mechanical failures," so the elevator analogy is flawed.
  10. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

A hack is a hack guys... to make something easier. Not debating, I just think that's part of the definition. DDOS attack could be considered a life hack. lol
  11. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

lol indeed!

Odd choice for a terrorist organization to attack, you stopped some online video game play for awhile over the weekend using a ddos attack...
  12. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,079   +331

Are you one of those guys that thinks crackers and hackers are the same thing?
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Which 'one' of those guys are you asking? You've picked out three... If you're asking me I'll tell you they're related.
  14. Lionvibez

The guy that said a hack is a hack
  15. This Lizard Squad can't do much, they tried to hack PSN yesterday did it work... no lol. I logged in yesterday with no problems. They should stop the bomb threats though, that's a big mistake in America.
  16. Lionvibez

These guys live in a region the US is already bombing I don't think they care.