Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrasherFan22

I'm one of your casual players that spends most of their time on the pc, and I would like to learn how to hack online games such as Maplestory and World of Warcraft. Now I know what most of you are saying
"Just play the damn game the way it's supposed to be played"
and I know this and I would perfer playing like you are supposed to rather than hack to become some super-player. The reason I am asking this is because I am about to enter high school and are considering my future jobs. One of them was to be a network security person to prevent network hacking and virus distrobution. My other thought was to become a netork administrator to prevent online game hacking. You may be wondering why I would wan't to learn to hack in the first place if these are my profession considerations. Well, by becoming a hacker early, I will know more of what to look for in the future. Now I'm not saying that I'll sell out those who help me, I truely wan't to learn how to hack. If you can help me, teach me even, tell me but if not, don't critizize me for what I am asking for.

My advice is to learn how to use Linux and/or BSD and then learn some C and/or C++.

Broken down very basically (and I'm not a "1337 ]-[4xx0r" so I could be wrong) hacking an online game would mean:

- 1. analyzing how and what data the game sends to the servers.
- 2. figuring out how to generate this data yourself
- 3. figuring out how to modify this data to your advantage
- 4. creating/coding your own application that does this or modifying the original game code to do that.

Of course that wont work at all if the server or the game does some "secret stuff" to check whether the data being sent seems correct, but then there's the challenge of figuring out how to trick the server into accepting it.

Thanks. I know that c++ is supposed to be really advanced. If anyone can explain with more detail that would be appreciated. I know a few things that average people who use a computer do but I'm not a computer genius.

There are multiple ways on how to get into World of Warcraft's data ( I do it alot when im making model changes for my private servers ), But I cant go into too much detail on how to do it on this forum because one of the admins would be like "ZOMG You gets banned roflcopter"

For people who arn't experienced with how to access server data on WoW could look on google for a guide, I use to read it when I was new to it but I forgot where it is located :(

Awesome..Wat about hacking on the PSP? I used to work with someone who said they could do it. So Linux in used to develope your own software or wat?

I heard you could install a OS on your PSP / PS3 so it's probably possible to do more then that Myzz ;)

Yes the PS3 supports the Linux Yellow Dog. I am very unfamilar with Linux/unix. Is there a site or should i just google it and do my earn research? I want to be able to learn @ a steady pace and eventually use my potential to mazimize the use out of the technology i own.

TimeParadoX, when you get into WoW's game data for private servers... that's not the same as what you'd need to do to hack it. The private servers can be modified by getting into the game database. But the whole point of hacking is being able to remotely access such a database. So you would know what to do when and if you were able to connect remotely to the server, but you wouldn't know how to establish such a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back