Hacktool.Rootkit in Sys32/Remon.sys file

Status
Not open for further replies.
This want identified by Norton during a system scan. I have tried to delete the file in Safe mode but it reappears nor will Norten remove it. I am hoping that someone will persue my HJT log file and see where/what I can remove.
Or, suggest how I can do this via other methods in Windows 2000 Pro?

Thanks.

ggb

Attachments

• Analyze log site.txt
    38 bytes · Views: 25
Ooops!

Thought that I did that. Sorry 'bout that!
Try this one please.

ggb

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 14
Boot in Safe Mode, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there) and click End Process for:
taskcntr.exe
zrnsw.exe
PowerReg Scheduler.exe

Next, click Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there, UNinstall anything to do with:
Spyware Doctor, it's a rubbish program

Next, click Start/Run and type services.msc and click OK. Look for the service:
taskcntr.exe
zrnsw.exe
Doubleclick it, click Stop if it's running, and change the Startup type to Disabled.

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [vqwa] zrnsw.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
FIX all your O16 - DPF: entries
O23 - Service: TASKESV - Unknown - C:\WINNT\taskcntr.exe
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Rightclick IE on the desktop, select Properties, click on Delete Cookies, and Delete Files.
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal.

Rootkit:
http://www.trendmicro-middleeast.co...p?LYstr=VMAINDATA&vNav=1&VName=TROJ_ROOTKIT.N

Re: Hacktool.Toolkit

Thanks RealBlackStuff. Appreciated!
I will follow yur instructions and let yu know if there is a problem. Interesting that yu describe Spyware Doctor as rubbish. I always thought that it was doing Ok but what do I know????

Cheers.

ggb

As a side-note, I ran Norton last night after updating it and removing all of the internet temp files. It found nothing this time so I went to c:/winnt/system32 and the remon.sys file was still there but contained 0 kb now. I was even able to rename it remonsys.old without a
problem and I have not found any working conflicts as a result. Go figure ????

I have the same problem remon.sys

gidday. I have been trying to get rid off this hacktool.rootkit and following the iceweasel thread.
I throught I got rid of it a couple of times but seems to re-install when open ie but only when online again using firefox. I wonder if realblackstuff can review my hjt log.

much appreciated.

BZJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back