Hacktool.rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this hacktool.rootkit on my computer and i've tried to remove it with symantec anitvirus and also superantispyware. it says it requires a reboot to remove, but after the reboot it keeps coming back. i've turned off system restore as well. i've also tried to scan in safe modes, but nothing seems to work. please help!! attatched is my HJT log

i have view other posts on this site regarding removal, but am still having problems. i'm also not the most computer savvy, so please help in english and not in computer speak. please help! thanks so much!

Do you know how to boot into <SAFE MODE>?
You depress the <ON> Button, then repeatedly press the <F8> key once per second until it boots to a low resolution screen... with many aspects of Windows disabled.
SuperAntiSpyware is good. I would also download Avira Antivir, and malware bytes and put them where you know you can find them.
Then, while in <SAFE MODE> run all three, and also run Windows Defender which you already have on your computer... it could take as long as two to four hours. Then reboot to normal mode.
You may find that this has removed it. Straight and simple. Then remove Avira Antivire if you are determined to continue using Symantec antivirus... as you do not want both of them running at the same time on your computer.

If this has not, then you may need to run the 8 Steps found elsewhere on this forum... or somebody will post an update for you.

malwarebytes found a bunch of trojans and virus including a hacktool virus and i had them quarentined and deleted. hacktool.rootkill is still on my computer though. i didnt have much luck with superantispyware. and i will try the avira antivir and windows defender tomorrow when i have more time. thus far everything i seem to have done does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back