TechSpot

Hacktoolrootkit

By shl
Sep 28, 2008
  1. HI

Help!! a friend recommended this site to help remove Hacktoolrootkit, trojan.pandex and packed.generic.188 from my dell laptop computer and email. I am a lawyer, so please bear with me, no lawyer jokes, just kidding. Like most post I have read, norton has scanned and removed the virus, but the virus is still there. The virus appears when I get on the internet and my email, does not seem to appear when I am using my laptop for word processing. When the virus comes up, it begins to send out and attempts to scan out bound emails, which of course I am not sending out. I am getting different view points: try to remove the virus to totally to scrapping your computer and reload all your software and data. I have attached a copy of my scan log (highjack). I invite you help and advise.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi shl :wave: and welcome to TechSpot

This forum is for introductions only as stated above: in the Introduce yourself forum
    To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read Posting Guidelines Here before posting.

Guide to Making a Good Post/Thread, Here

Also it is customary to post your system specs in your Profile

Enjoy your Stay :)

In your case it may be best to start here first New Preliminary Removal Instructions

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,704   +1,887

Control "C", Control "V".......

Shl, why not bounce this up to "security and the web" now. BTW, Norton always says it has removed the virus.

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Because he should go to the above first (instead of just copying/pasting to a new thread)

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,704   +1,887

Think multi-tasking....

BTW, welcome to Techspot.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.