TechSpot

Half Life 2 on sale in US on November 23rd?

By Phantasm66
Oct 4, 2004
  1. Hmm... now, haven't we all heard this one before? Certainly we have. After disappointment after disappointment, I am not sure I believe anything to do with HL2 until I actually see the boxes on the shelves of stores. However, according to Tomshardware, the release date for HL2 has been set for November. Valve have apparently released their code to VU, and according to a recent report, HL2 will be on sale in the US on November 23rd of this year. Yeah, sure. I will believe it when I have that rocket launcher in my "hands".

2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

That day has also been mentioned by several other sites, many of them with different sources..

You can read more about that here (scroll down to the heading "Unconfirmed release date")

3. "Artificial Intelligence can never replace Human Stupidity"

Human Stupidity is Artificial Intelligence

from DW UK

4. Ooooo I can't wait.

5. werty316

werty316 TS Rookie Posts: 185

What he said.

6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

Guess I may finally be in danger of placing an order for it ;)

7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday

8. MrGaribaldi

WoW! That's what I get for being a good student and not checking this site as often as I should...

I wonder what this means for the Vivendi/VUG vs Valve case.... Will we see a boxed version one of these days, or have Valve decided to ****** Vivendi?
    (Sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but I'm reading back to front...)

9. MrGaribaldi

A quick visit to GameSpot answered by question:
    Read the full story here...

But it's a somewhat nice deal for the customers. You pre-order HL2 now, and get to play CS:Source immediately...
    Though you'd better hope that that game doesn't get a 6 months wait because of the lawsuit...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.