Half-life2,can only multi-game......

By Yangxi
Dec 6, 2004
  1. last week,I bought half-life2,with 2 CDs. when I installed, I can't play the self -mode. And the installation is two GB.I don't know the reason,please tell me ...... Thank you
  2. BloodRaven

BloodRaven TS Rookie Posts: 89

well first off, if your getting the cd version of HL2 then it comes with 5 CDs and its about 4.5GB and second. so how did you end up with only 2 CDs? what i would do is go back to were you got it from and exchange it for a different one. i actually got a bad copy too and i exchanged it for another one and after that it worked just fine.
  3. Yangxi

Yangxi TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

first of all ,thank your for your reply.
    I think i bought the copy.becanse there're many copys in my country.
    half-life seems not have been on sale here yet,the news which i get from a hardware website.
    i like the game so much.but i can't get it till the next month.pity!!!

thank you very much

another question.would a 5900zt be strong enough for the game.(5900zt is not 5900xt. zt which is only sold in China ,whose frequency is a little bit lower than xt's.)
  4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

The 5900ZT will be more than strong enough for the game, but it will not let you play at with the highest settings. But you should still get a good experience...

The only suggestion I have for getting SP to work is to buy a new version through Steam (big download), which'll download everything you need to your drive. (But it means paying twice for the game)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.