TechSpot

hallo from france

By lilimarlen
Nov 30, 2006
  1. hallo, i signed up yesterday and already received two very nice emails of welcoming me. thanks, that was very nice.
    i had my first "blue" computerscreen yesterday, and my french friend, who built my computer, pointed me to your website, because he thought my problem might be my memory. so i downloaded the "memtest86+vers.1.65" and tried my luck. i let it run for 3 hours and had 8 passes and "0" errors. so i hope all is o.k. now. i thought with windows XP there would be no more blue screens as they were always with windows 98.
    i read many threads on this forum, your faq's, the tutorial, the welcome notes, your rules and then i downloaded the memtest. i was a little bit scared, because i am a girl, meaning my technical knowledge of my computer is very limited.
    i got interested in computers many years ago, because i needed same for my work. now that i am retired my interest are pc games and ps2 games and i play adventure games.
    i was born in Hamburg, Germany, moved to the States, where i lived for 35 years, and 3 years ago i moved to the South of France, because my children and grandchild live here.
    i am happy i found this forum and look forward in being a part of this community.
    again, many thanks for welcoming me.
    lilimarlen

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello lilimarlen and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

If your blue sceen issues continue, open a new thread in our Windows OS forum and give your thread a descriptive title.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. lilimarlen

lilimarlen TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx howard. will do if the problem persists. i did read all your threads. very good.
    regards lilimarlen

4. N1Hawk

N1Hawk TS Rookie Posts: 222

Hello lilimarlen and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.