TechSpot

"Halo 3" Easter egg unearthed after nearly seven years

By Shawn Knight
Jul 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Bungie is well-known for including obscure Easter eggs within its games. The Halo franchise is no different as several have been found over the years. But at least one known egg has remained hidden for nearly seven years - until...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

Pretty cool! And definitely better than Disney's Easter Eggs...
    (http://celebs.answers.com/movies/10-scandalous-hidden-moments-in-your-favorite-disney-movies)

3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,648   +521

"He also added that it's one that nobody has found yet." Should read Had found, because clearly it has been discovered. As far as Easter Eggs in games go, very uninteresting. Not even sure why this is news worthy to be honest.

wastedkill likes this.
  4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Next we will hear how EA put a easter egg in there toilets that only just got found...

5. j05hh

j05hh TS Booster Posts: 140   +22

Honestly- I was expecting something cooler than this....

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,550   +852

I think its cool. easter eggs are more often than not things of special significance to one or few people. When you consider that some dude put a hidden message to his wife in a game to millions and millions of people, and no one but them (bungie) knew about it for years, its pretty impressive and kind of charming.
    Too many times people expect easter eggs to be things that matter to them, like hidden levels or cheats or something, when they usually are exact opposite.

Bubbajim and spectrenad like this.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

I'm guessing his wife's name is Lauren and her birthday is Dec 25.
    I'm trying to picture whether that was a recent statement or one during the time he showed his wife.

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I'm guessing you're right. I'm also guessing that if he got her birthday wrong she is now he's ex.

9. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 817   +231

A few of those (very few) I can see being intentional but most are just people seeing what they want to see which says more about their mindset than that of Disney.

MilwaukeeMike likes this.