TechSpot

Halo, no one can connect to my server?

By PyRoMaN
Oct 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i got a question for any computer wiz on here

ok so when i am on halo trial everything works perfectly fine, but when it comes to hosting i have problems.....no one can connect to my server i have the right internet ports and everything but it doesn't work ...what i believe the problem is, is that my ip address is a LAN ip address(ex. 192.168.1.100 ) and 192.168.1.---- is a LAN ip and i need a WAN ip address so people can connect... if u know how to help me on this plz message me at my xfire h1redh1tman or leave a post on here

any1 comon sum1 plzz
  2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

You have a router it is blocking access to your server. In order for people to connect you will need to have your routers ports configured.
  3. Stick'o ram

Stick'o ram TS Rookie Posts: 233

The other people trying to connect to your server, they don't have the same CD-Key as you do they?
  4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Another possibility is that your firewall is either blocking them of the game itself.
  5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

When I use to host a WoW Server from my computer, I had to do multiple things for people to connect, This may or may not be the same for Halo but it's worth a try.

1. Open your Firewall ( or configure it to allow outside entry through TCP / UDP ports specific to Halo )

2. Go to your router's configuration thing, open the ports for Halo and allow TCP / UDP and add the last number in your IP adress ( say if your IP adress is 192.168.1.103 add the 103 to the IP adress ) and put a check mark

3. If it's located on a LocalHost ( 127.0.0.1 ) adress then host it on a DNS server, I don't know any good ones so maybe someone else can post about it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.