Halo trial help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I click on the halo trial icon, a box comes up and says "A problem occured initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG.

I already ran the diagnostic test, it didn't help. and every time i close that little box, nothing happens, I can't play halo!

Please Help! :-(

are you sure your computer has the nessesary hardware to run halo? what kind of video card do you have?

assuming you have the proper hardware, you can always try updating your graphics drivers. what version of directx do you have installed? what version of windows are you running (include service pack)

Either your video card doesn't support 3D graphics or as zaphead said update your video drivers... I suspect that your video hardware won't support Halo. Halo will run with some pretty crappy video hardware, but the hardware must support 3D graphics

I ran a diagnostic test. and accourding to results, my computer supports it fine, i play counterstrike and runescape and they rune perfectly

Try the full version of Halo, and be sure you update the game from Microsoft Games. You might try the Halo updates for playing the Demo version. Halo for PC is pretty old now. I've played it on 3 system configurations

I had the exact say problem with exact same error message, all it required was an update of graphics card driver, atleast later then 2003.

Halo Trial Help

I can't open up halo trial. Whenever I double click on the icon on my desktop, it opens up a box that says:

Halo - Fatal Error

Problem: Your computer's video driver is known to have serious issues with this game. A newer version that is compatible may be available. If you wish to update your drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

Machine Info: 1400MHz, 128MB, 32M nVidia TNT2 M64 (0x002d)

Help Me :-(

Go to support/downloads on your manufacturers home page and there should be an area that has a list of computer models, select that model and a list should be there after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back