Hamachi Install/Uninstall Problem

AzzyLeaf

I have this problem where I can't install or uninstall Hamachi cause it always has a pop up that says a previous version is already on my computer. Yet when it tries to update, an error comes up telling me that it failed and to contact technical support.

I've been looking for a working solution for weeks. I've gone through regedit and gotten rid of all the entries named anything like Hamachi or Logmein, anything with those names, apart from the files under the subfolder "Net" which won't delete.

I've gotten rid of the Network Adapter that was in my Device Manager and deletes all of the files I can possibly find, yet it always says I have a previous version on my computer. Help, please!

You don't say what operating system you're using.

Obviously there are some leftovers in the registry which are probably damaged and not easy to identify. These can block both uninstallation as well as new installation.

Your best bet now is to first use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Use with caution after making a registry back-up or system restore point.

After carefully cleaning what it finds, you should be able to install the program again. And if you don't want the program, you can then uninstall it again using Revo at the advanced setting.

Sorry, Windows 7 64-bit. I'm not sure what my computer specs are, as I'm not at home right now, but I'll try your solution when I am and provide the specs if it doesn't fix the problem.

Try the Windows utility as suggested above. If the problem persists use regedit to Export your registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to a .reg file

Create a zip file and either
1) Attach it to your next post OR
2) Upload it to a file share site (e.g. Dropbox) and send me the link via private conversation.

HKLM will only contain info about programs, devices, services, etc. on your machine (no personal info) So you can provide via an attach or in private if that's what you prefer

I just had another thought... For Vista and higher, the first time an OEM driver is installed, Windows stores a copy of the driver on disk in the "Driver Store". (I don't think info about content of Driver Store is kept in registry, as all the files are on disk in a well known location) See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875.aspx#bkmk_1

Run the following command from an admin prompt and check if anything from Logmein / Hamachi is there?
Code:
pnputil -e

bobcat, I downloaded that Uninstaller Cleanup and there's nothing in the list related to Logmein, Hamachi, or any other key words like that.

LookinAround, there isn't anything about it there. About to try your first solution, though.

Sidenote: you have babylon toolbar and babylon client installed. Was that intentional? Googling it seems to indicate its spyware/search hijack. Uninstall it and remove browser extensions. You can google it to find instructions

Probaby take a couple days to look through the rest as I have the time... will let you know

/* EDIT */
Also, under Windows\Program Files (x86), do you see any LogMeIn folder? Don't delete anything but just check and let me know

AzzyLeaf

Well, tried skimming / searching through your reg file but to no avail :(

One more tool to try: Process Monitor profiles system activity as it occurs. If we run it while you re-create the problem, it may provide a trace to the registry key or file access that's causing the re-install to fail. Here's the steps
  1. Download Process Monitor, unzip and save to a folder on your Desktop. Redownload the Himachi if installer if needed.
  2. Reboot. (so we can start the test from a clean startup state)
  3. Start Process Monitor (double click procmon.exe). The Process Monitor window opens and it immediately starts collecting data. Information will scroll across its display
  4. Run the LogMeIn Himachi installer. When the error re-occurs, jot down the computer clock time
  5. To stop ProcMon data capture, click on the icon glass icon. A red X appears on the icon once stopped.
Capture.JPG
6. Click Control-S to Save the output. In the Save As box that appears
...> Check the All Events box
...> Look at the Path to see where the output .PML file will be saved (so you can later find it).

Capture2.JPG
7. Zip the PML file. Upload it to a file share site. Give me the link and the clock time you noted earlier.

Back