Hands-on with Gigabyte Aorus gaming laptops, peripherals at Computex 2014

By Scorpus
Jun 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Yesterday I looked at Gigabyte's latest PC hardware at their VIP suite in Taipei 101, and today I'm looking at their gaming gear under the Aorus brand. At Computex 2014 the company was showing off two new laptops, and a...

Read more
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +238

Maybe it's just me, but that mouse seems like the thumb buttons might be awkward to reach for normal hands. I do alright with my G600 and the thumb keypad, but that is because my thumb is resting right on the pad. Those upper linear buttons on the Thunder M7 look like they are more in the crook of your thumb, which means far more thumb movement is needed.

Guess I won't know for sure until I try one out. I was dubious about the G600 until I got my hands on one, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use.
  3. Tokido

Tokido TS Rookie Posts: 17

Wtf? Why did they go with a 1080p display for the 17inch and a 1800p display on the 13.9inch???
  4. From what I've read, that's because nobody is producing IGZO displays at the 17" size yet.
  5. andrew_C

andrew_C TS Rookie

Somehow I doubt Gigabyte laptop quality. I had 2 Gigabyte laptops before, and they died completely within 6 months. I would prefer MSI or Asus.
  6. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

Asus' support is awfull. I'm still using drivers made back in 2011. It's not a gaming laptop but still they should update it, when I asked them, they said they don't have plans to update it. As for quality, I had no problem with anything failing hardware wise, just that connectors are worn out easily which is really annoying.