Hard disk problem

i plugged external hard disk,,,cannot autoplay,showing 0% space in properties,and complete 500GB when opened for formatting,but also not letting format,i cannot open the hard disk,how can i?

i plugged external hard disk,,,cannot autoplay,showing 0% space in properties,and complete 500GB when opened for formatting,but also not letting format,i cannot open the hard disk,how can i?

It looked like it was already corrupted when you plugged it in.

You could check the properties, and healths of hard drive by:

Steps on reformatting via Computer Management said:
1. Right click on my computer and click Manage...

2. Go to disk management in under Storage after "Computer Management" window appears.

3. Look at the list, if you see hard drive in the bottom list, and not in top partition tables, it means that you need to reformat and make a new partition that your windows can understand and work on with. If you don't see your hard drive in either up or bottom, it means something bad happened with your external drive.

If you dont see it on list, try a few freeware app to get through this problems.

Listing of apps to fix/check hdd's said:
HDD Heath -
Code:
HDD Health v3.3 Build 220 Beta

[url=http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm] EASUS Partition Master[/url][/quote]

Good luck man, and if it didn't work, take hard drive out of external drive and plug it inside your computer, sometime it helps when it can format while plugged in motherboard instead of USB .

Back