Maybe this has happened to one of you, I had a primary 250gb Seagate Barracuda sata hard disk partitioned in 2. One partition had XP OS and the other one I used as backup... I got my hands into a 320gb sata disk which I partitioned the same way and its my primary hard disk atm. The problem is with the 250gb sata disk which I use for storage now, I deleted partitions and created just one, then I quick formated. As I started filling the disk I began to notice slow performance. Every time I use it, the process takes way longer than normal (Copying, burning, pasting, explorer) and mouse cursor freezes from time to time when the disk is in the middle of a process... Speed fan just gives me this message: Warning: Unknown attribute 190 is below the average limits (52-71). Same message I get with my other Seagate hard disks which perform perfectly. What could be wrong with the disk? Will a complete format or full erase help it perform normally or I should be on the look out for a new hard disk? I've tried a few things... defrag with diskeeper never completes the task, it gets to a 100% but never finishes. Chkdsk and repair with WinXP gets as far as phase 4 but it looks like it wont go anywhere from there. Short scan with seagate dos application says disk is ok but long scan shows no progress, more like it freezes. I did not leave some process more than 30min if they showed no progress what so ever, so I might be doing something wrong there. This might clear some doubts; I have 4 sata hard drives plugged to Gigabyte 965P DS3 mobo: 1. 320gb Seagate Barracuda 2. 120gb Samsung 3. 250gb Seagate Barracuda* 4. 250gb Seagate Barracuda *This used to be my primary disk b4 I got the 320gb, its the same disk that fails... the other one's work perfectly! I might have to set the PIO setting when I get home cause I have not done that yet.