Hard Drive Carrying Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there.

Over the next few weeks or so I'll need to carry around my hard drive from home to work. Hard drives seem pretty fragile. Is there a case I can buy to carry it around and give it protection from the elements and magnets? Is there anything that I can build just out of domestic products?

Thanks,
NomadFunk.

yep. They're sold all over. We have many in the military.

you can save yourself a few bucks, get some foam and a small briefcase/box, Works just as good.

Thanks Tedster. I stuffed a cardboard box full of styrofoam noodles, it seemed to do just fine. If I wanted to buy one, or a box designed for transport, what name would it go by?

Ummm

NomadFunk said:
Thanks Tedster. I stuffed a cardboard box full of styrofoam noodles, it seemed to do just fine. If I wanted to buy one, or a box designed for transport, what name would it go by?

Them styro peanuts are a bad idea depending on what kind they are....Most of them hold some sort of static charge which can be really bad for your hard drive ie ruin it.

At the very least I hope that you are placing the HDD in a anti-static bag before you put it in the peanuts....

Take tedsters advice and go to the fabric store and buy some nice soft foam, you can get it up to 6 inchs thick at most places. What you need will only cost like $3 tops....Get 2 peices, cut them to the size of the box and sandwich the HDD between them. BUT ALWAYS, ALWAYS place it in a anti-static bag first...If you dont have one you can get one for free at most PC repair shops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back