HARD Drive Formatting ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

OK guys, i know alot ppl here dont like to reformat there hard drive for some reasens.... BUT why NOT???

is it bad for the hd?
is there a limit TO formmating?
IS it risky to fromat???

Well help me out , why not format?

I don't like it because then I have to reinstall all my programs. I tried to make one of those Bart PE disks with answer files and all but it didn't work for me.

For the most part they simply dont want to be bothered to have to do all that work. many dont archive updates to installed programs or keep their program keys, updates, etc together for easy reinstall.

Fastco,

BartPE is really not suited for reinstalling windows, it is more a rescue, repair disk. therre si an excellent guide on how to make an unattened XP Cd including hotfixes and programs. you can find it here.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

I reformat about evry six months, just love that minty fresh OS felling, plus it clears out all the junk thats accumulated as well. I had my PC for about 2years and my HD is fine

hi,

I reformat every 3months, it is great, i store absolutely all data on my portable hard drive. It is great, as AMD said, you gotta love the feeling of a minty fresh pc.

Regards,

Korrupt

You should really check out HyperOS In my opinion everyone should have it!
Its by a British company and looks low key but its an amazing piece of software.

They've got a helpful forum HERE if you've got any questions.

korrupt said:
hi,

I reformat every 3months, it is great, i store absolutely all data on my portable hard drive. It is great, as AMD said, you gotta love the feeling of a minty fresh pc.

Regards,

Korrupt

I pretty much do the same thing with my comps...

just a different view...

using the analogy of an automobile, you can:
1) buy one (new or used) and run it until it drops dead
2) replace it yearly, just for a change
3) rebuild the engine every year/month/week just for fun

Personally, my systems are here to be used for work. I maintain them
as needed, but using a good defrag periodically, saves me lots of time
(like waiting for the engine to be completed ~= reformat, reinstall)

Sometime reformatting is a last resort to getting back control from a virus
attack, but imo, that's an act of desperation and an admission that I did not
exercise proper control in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back