TechSpot

Hard Drive Help Request

By scamaral
Feb 9, 2004
  1. Ok so I am building this computer, an AMD system with an ASUS Deluxe mobo, the exact model escapes me A8somethin or other. I am having a problem loading windows. The BIOS detects the hard drive (A western digi 120gig special edition) but when I boot from the Winxp cd it says no hard drive found. I know its hooked up right, IDE cable is right and jumpers and power. Is there something I am missing, Ive never encountered this problem before. HELP Please

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

It may be necessary to install drivers.. This is espcially true if you have a RAID / SCSI controller. When you first boot from the CD, you will be given the option to install third party RAID / SCSI controller drivers. It will say, "Press F6 to... blah blah"

Your board probably came with a floppy disk for your disk controller, which you will need to install these drivers.

3. Eric Legge

Eric Legge TS Rookie Posts: 224

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.