Hard Drive Partions in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

am kinda new here and new to partitioning hard disks.. I kinda messed with the disk management tool in Vista and ended up with the following partitions

I have no more unallocated space.. is it a problem?
so I need to change anything in the partitions?

Thanks for the help

Well, aside from the odd arrangement, I don't see anything wrong. Unallocated space is wasted space, so there is no problem not having any.

thanxs..

Thanxs for the reply,

So how can i change my arrangement.. and i got like another 40 gig free space in the OS drive.. can i get 10gig of that to go to the new drive and the remaining for a XP instalaiton drive?

If so how do i do it and waht programme do i use?

It looks like you aren't using any space on H so you could right click it and delete. That would leave unpartitioned for XP, I think you'll want to do some reading up on installing XP after Vista to learn how to do that. I don't think it will be as simple as just booting up with the XP disk and installing since Vista uses a completely different bootloader from XP.

That 25.49 gigs will be plenty for XP so you shouldn't need to resize, if you are concerned about programs using up that space, you could install them to the Vista partition and they'd still run in XP just fine. If you really are set on resizing though, I'd recommend gParted, and to check out the little tutorial here: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/larry/resize/resizing.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back