TechSpot

hard drive problem

By LinkedKube
May 24, 2007
  1. I had an external hd I was using, took it apart, 400GB as a whole, 200on each drive. I want to use one of them. I had to buy a ide-sata converter to hook it up. My system isn't picking it up. Curious to know if anyone can help me with this issue.

Also I was suppose to send someone my psu. Dont remember who it was. Had to delete my inbox was full. pst if its you.

2. Shaw23

Shaw23 TS Enthusiast Posts: 62

What is your jumper set to? I have read that with those converters you aren't supposed to use a jumper at all.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 3,481   +44

Jumper, uhh, im lost, you mean in bios setting?

4. Shaw23

Shaw23 TS Enthusiast Posts: 62

I am sorry, I was thinking of an internal drive/converter. I guess I am having trouble understanding your situation and what you are trying to do...

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 3,481   +44

Well I took the hd's out of an external hard drive, in a casing. The drives are 200GB each, equalling 400Gb, I'm only trying to install 1 of them. I'm sure they were running in some sort of raid configuration to work together. I bought a ide to sata connector to use only one of them in my pc. My bios isnt picking up the drive and everything is connected.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.