Hard drive problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all :)

I'm having a slight problem with a hard drive, it has been working brilliantly up until now. The thing is, it stopped showing in XP, although it is there in BIOS. If I search for hardware changes within the the device manager, it magically appears, and starts working the way it should, but why doesn't it show up from the beginning as it used to? I am baffled..
Any help would be appreciated,
regards,
Jonas

Get speedfan from the downoals section and use it to check out your hard drives S.M.A.R.T. characteristics and do an online indepth analysis!!!!
This will tell you if your hard drive is faulty or not!!!!

I'd recommend a manufacturer's diagnostic utility which verifies the surface, mechanics and SMART status of a drive. See sticky "Drive Diagnostic Compendium" thread at the top of this Storage/Network forum.

These didn't find any problems... it also seems that the hard drive isn't consistent in NOT showing up when starting windows, sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not... weird...

Check the power and data cable on the back of the hard drive to make sure they are in properly then check the other end of the data cable is in the mobo correctly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back