Hard drive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, my hard disk is giving a problem, when i try to on my pc some noise is coming from the hard disk and more over nothing is coming in the monitor, so what'z the problem of it, i have try everything but still cannot run not even after putting a bootable cd also. so what should I do plz advice me.

Archie

fabrizio_a0578 said:
hi, my hard disk is giving a problem, when i try to on my pc some noise is coming from the hard disk and more over nothing is coming in the monitor, so what'z the problem of it, i have try everything but still cannot run not even after putting a bootable cd also. so what should I do plz advice me.

Archie

BUY A NEW HARDDRIVE....... obviously, install it and enter the BIOS make sure the CD is set as the first Bootable Device and follow the prompts..

Regards

Hard drives should never make any noise different from what you've always heard from it. If the noise is comming from your drive, its dead. Disconnect the IDE/SATA cable from it and unplug the power to it too, now see if your computer will boot off a cd.

fabrizio_a0578 said:

Archie

Old trick was to put it in the freezer for 1 hr then take a screw driver and tap on it. This would be a temp fix to save the data on it. Once that noise starts going you only have a short time to get the data off before it crashes for good.

HDDs are cheap and you can get 320GB for less than $90 bucks. I seen 200GB for less than $39 bucks with the old MAXTOR red packaging label before SEAGATE has changed the packaging ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back