Hard drive recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

How do you revocer your pictures after you have to completly restore your computer back to factory condition. i need those pictures back and i deleted them like 24 hour ago and i system recovered with the acer recoverytool.

I have actually found that a recovery program called Pandora Recovery usually grabs most common file types and I have used it after a format a few times with good results.

Best of all it is free, you can download it from here

Is rather simple to use as well. Good luck:)

Recuva is a personal free favorite of mine.

Deleted files aren't just magically recoverable though... If they have been overwritten by any other data, they are corrupted or completely unrecoverable.

Unfortunately, a system recovery overwrites many gigabytes of space on your hard drive... I'd say you've lost many of your pictures. Best of luck though.

Luckily, photos and images are easier to recover than most other data on a hard drive... If they have already been overwritten, you will be told which ones are perhaps usable and which are not.
Just do NOTHING else with that hard drive until you have run recovery software...
Install Windows on a new drive, then put your old "wiped" drive in an external enclosure connected to the main computer with a USB or Firewire Cable... then run the recovery program.
This way, no more space will be overwritten, and any recovered files will be copied to the newly installed Windows Driver for copying to a CD or DVD.
It takes some time, but works well.
Most recovery programs will have to make up a new name for the image, as the first letter has been wiped in the "erasure" of the file... But you can rename them back to usable names after you complete the recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back