Hard Drives Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfasdfasdf

Hi, my drives went missing after I restarted my computer. I use Windows 2000 SP4. My problem is my three drives (M, N, and O Drive) went completely missing. When I go to my Device Manager, it does not show any other drive except my L drive. Luckily, my L Drive is still intact; however, my M, N, and O Drive isn't shown anywhere at all. It is as if my drives are completely wiped out. I have even went to my Partition Magic to take a look. Partition Magic only shows me L Drive and 131GB unallocated space. My L Drive is only 29.3 GB. The fact is that my hard drive is 250GB. My drives M, N, and O are gone, and I don't know what to do to get them back. This all happened after I restarted my computer when I finished the defragment for my C Drive. It all happened so unexpectedly. If I had known what this would happen, I would have made lots of backups, but now, I can no longer do that. I have tried searching around in the internet and tried the solutions but with no luck. I had many important files on it, and some of them mean a whole world to me. What can I do to get my three drives back?

I am sorry for asking a stupid question, but after I have downloaded Gparted Live boot CD, it doesn't seem to work for me. I opened it up, but nothing has happened from then on. It seems none of the files contained in the ISO is working. What can I do to make it work?

I am very sorry for a late reply. I managed to burn the ISO to the CD and boot it up. After booting it up, I saw my other drives in good condition (my 60GB ones). Then, I clicked to see my 250GIB one. My concern is that I only saw 232 GIB of unallocated space on the computer. My L Drive does not even show up on the list, but in my Windows Explorer, it does show up, and I am able to open up my programs in the L Drive. I am still not able to access the three missing drives. I don't know if this info is important, but when I insert a USB, it shows up as P Drive in Windows Explorer. I don't know if my M, N, and O Drive are still there or not. Was there anything I needed to do in GParted?

Try the recovery tools, it looks as though the partitions are gone :(

Thank you for everything. I will try using EASEUS and R-Studio to try and recover my folders and files. I will also try and make lots of backups of my L Drives by burning them with the burning program you told me to use. I find it very simple and easy to use too! :) Hopefully, none of my files have been overwritten, but I have one question. How do I even scan a missing drive that's no longer there anymore if I'm going to recover my files?

but I have one question. How do I even scan a missing drive that's no longer there anymore if I'm going to recover my files?

Good point!

Some of those programs (like ZAR recommended) Scan the entire drive, unallocated or allocated (ie with an NTFS or FAT32 partition, or RAW)

Please let us know the outcome, and also which recovery program helped the most.
Also I was thinking (I do that every now and then) Those drives, they were partitions weren't they? ie They weren't just virtual drives? (Virtual drives are just held in Ram) I suspect No.

Anyway, reply back when you have further info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back