Hard Drives ..NOT ON LINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP PLEASE.......on start up at post when checking IDE devices ...notice says... hard drives not on line. I am running raid 0 with 2 Maxtor HD's. I have run powermax diagnostic and both HD's check out fine.But powermax says "Bios extension support.........Failed"................I can boot into DOS but that is all. I also had "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" blue screen twice before it would not boot back up. I did not write down any of the blue screen info. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIX BIOS EXTENSION SUPPORT........THANX

Try updating your bios. if u cant get on with your own computer in safemode, try using a bios boot disk if u had one when u bought it, or dl the latest bios from another computer.

I could get into DOS , so I updated the bios.............didn't help. I can not boot into safe mode...............could the problem be in the "PROMISE" raid array????

Hmm, Im not sure, but let me ask you this, do u know that u need bios extension support in order to boot into windows? try to turn that off and try that. even if it only reads one HDD, that is a start. also, im assuming that you made sure all of the connections are secure, but are your jumpers in and correct? that could be another problem you are overlooking.

My jumpers are set right, this computer was running OK for the last 6 months.I will recheck all my conections.....then attempt to shut the BIOS extension off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back