Harddrive is "sometiming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3tw0rk t3ch

i have a 40 gig western digital hard drive that does what i like to call "sometimin'" as in some times it works and sometimes it dont. i read somewhere that i could freeze the disk and this might fix the issue but i am unsure how to proceed. i have replaced the hard drive but i want to try to salvage this one and get the data off. i have a lot of music and games i purchased. BIOS is able to see the drive but windows is unable to read it even though it sometimes sees it. any suggestions would be great

already tried that

howard_hopkinso said:
In that case take a look at the following thread it may be something wrong with your OS.

www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Regards Howard :grinthumb
that is a great thing to try because it has save my butt a few times on other systems but this is definately a hardware issue. i tried that figuring that because the drive was running winME but i got bupkas. it said i did not have a drive to be able to complee the installation. i was upgrading to XPpro .i am just trying to confirm my suspisions before i freeze the drive :grinthumb

Is there any way you could try your hdd in another system just to make sure?

I must admit that it is sounding ominous for your hdd.

Hope you find a solution soon when you do please post back as I would be very interested.

Regards and good luck Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back