Hardest thing you've ever learned on guitar

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

I'm bored so i'm making this lol.

Alright so, The Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress. The intro is pretty simple except for the first part which is one of the hardest things i've ever learned on guitar.

----------------------------
---------0------------------
-----2p0--------------------
-0-0------------------------

Simple enough right? Try playing it and getting it to sound like the song. You have to play it like a strum, but not a strum. Hitting each string one after another but not at the same time.

Then also, the part from Sweet Home Alabama.
-------------
-------------
---2p0------
---0h2------
---0h2------
------------
God thats hard, i learned it yesterday lol.

For the Hollies song....
I think you may want to look at other versions of that tablature! I think that is a hammer-on, on the fifth 2nd fret instead of a pull-off. I have seen MANY different versions on line before. I learned this song several years ago and I do not remember that part. This is a really cool song to play live too, the crowds always love it. Too bad its about the ONLY song by them that was worth a.......well you know!

I will look through my old tab books and see if I still have this. I will send it to you if i still have the version we played. It was the closest to the song I have seen.

For me....I think one of the harder songs I learned to play was "Dee" by Randy Rhoads.

The repeated lick from "Have a drink on me" (which I'm in the process of learning at the moment) This is played really fast.

----------------------------------------------------------------
------8----------------8----------------8-----------------------
-7/9-----9/7--5----7/9----9/7--5----7/9-----9/7--5----7--5-----
----------------7----------------7------------------7--------7--

Apologies for the useless tab writing :eek:
Oh, and pick sweeps. I'm not looking foreward to those...

Hummm....been a while, maybe you are right. Its kinda like a sweep where the open 6th is picked fast or plucked to get the double note before you sweep down to the other notes. Parts of this song are VERY similiar to that song by CCR, cant remember the name of it at the moment. About half way through this song, there is a lick that is almost identical to one Fogerty does on the CCR song. Know what I am talking about?

The first part of my last post I was referring to the song 'WindowsMonopoly' was talking about, the song by The Hollies.

The second part of my last post I was referring to a song by CCR. And for the life of me I cant remember the name of it. The guitar lick are almost identical in that song by CCR and the Hollies song mentioned in this post.

Back