hardware driver causing stop errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am Amram. I have a pretty nice computer. Lately, though, I've been having some problems with these errors called stop errors. The computer screen just turns blue and has numbers and letters on it. One thing it says is that theres a "page fault in a nonpaged area". I have no idea what this means. This blue screen occurs quite often and its becoming irritating. While I'm in the middle of something it just flashes that blue screen, then I have to restart it. I did a bit of research on it and it tells me that their could be a faulty hardware driver, but it doesn't name any specifically, so i have no idea which one is the culprit. Also I think it may have something to do with my computer overheating all the time. I have three fans in my cpu, but it's always overheating. I had to resort to taking the side of the case off to let cool air into it, even then it stay at 70 C. I will attatch a couple of the mini dump files to this message. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice in the least that you could give me to help me resolve this problem.....please help.

Here are some of the details of my cpu:
AMD Athlon (TM) XP 3000+
523,808 KB RAM
Windows 2000 with Service pack 4

Heating

About your blue screen i can't help - i'm having the same problem.

About overheating:
1. Check the direction of the fans, the one on the CPU going out (takes the FROM CPU outside). The front fan taking the air into the computer and the back one outside.
If the fans are in wrong direction then : reconnect the fans power plag to make him work in the correct direction or speen the fan if it's posible.
2. Clean your comp. from in side! And dont forget to clean the fans and filters if there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back