Hardware error bluescreens

ChrisPC

I've been experiencing bluescreens consistently for the last month or so with my PC. The error code was most often IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, so I approached it as a driver problem at first. When that wasn't showing any results, I wound up posting on this site in order to get advice. I was told that it was most likely my hard drive according to my .dmp files, so I installed a new one and fresh installed windows. I'm still bluescreening. I've ran multiple memtest runs on my RAM (Over 20) with no errors, so that shouldn't be the issue, and it's obviously not the hard drive nor a software problem. However, I don't know how to further narrow down the remaining pieces of hardware without swapping parts, which I don't have the resources to do. Are there any tests for the remaining pieces of hardware that I can run to rule them out?

Here's the link to my previous thread, which has stopped receiving responses. I figured I should re-categorize anyway since it was no longer thought to be a driver problem.
https://www.techspot.com/community/...-not-less-or-equal.212364/page-2#post-1473246

After all you have tried it is for sure an issue with hardware, however, it is hard to determine it without swapping parts for testing purposes. You may try to take it to a service location where they can attempt with different hardware and see which one results without buying something else.

After all you have tried it is for sure an issue with hardware, however, it is hard to determine it without swapping parts for testing purposes. You may try to take it to a service location where they can attempt with different hardware and see which one results without buying something else.
I've got something that may help diagnose. Sometimes, randomly, my computer will still have audio output and I'll still be able to send input commands, but the screen will be frozen. The only thing that will move is the mouse, and the animations on the mouse (such as a loading circle) will be frozen. I know input still works because when it stops anything I did would have happened (IE, if I clicked to close a window, it'll be closed after the freeze). Sounds odd I know, not sure if that will help.

Well I wound up answering the question myself I guess. It was my processor. While looking around I realized I did indeed have the resources to check my GPU and CPU, so I did. I switched to my onboard graphics, bluescreened. Swapped out my CPU for an old broken one (pins were bent, spent a good hour bending them back), no bluescreens for 96 hours and going. Guess the processor was going.

Back