Hardware Lifetime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Hi to all, I am new here.

my question is, what's the average lifetime of a cpu or a video card?? I ask this because I want to know how long will I enjoy my 7950gt I've just bought today and my p4 3.6 which has been with me for a year now. Thanks alot!

5+ years. Probably lots longer (10+). But if you bought a 7950gt I bet you are the kind of person that will have a new computer in 5 or less years, so you've got nothing to worry about on the lifespan of your components.

Most things are outdated long before they die!!!!!!

As an example, i have here an Orchid Righteous 3D voodoo card dated 1995 that still works perfectly well but is useless as its totally outdated.

Acording to Intel the lifespan for a CPU under 100% load is 7 years. Chances are that is more likely 10+ years under normal operateing conditions. The video card should be about the same but the cooler on the video card usually dies after 3 years or so, they are easy to replace but by that time it is usually time for a video upgrade anyway. Regardless your hardware will likely be obsolite long before it dies.

Thanks everybody!! I absolutely appreciate the wonderfully helpful answers from all of you!! and now I guess I am just too paranoid about this thing lolz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back