TechSpot

Has any one had problems accessing windows update site my putor freezesif i try to up

By William R
Mar 29, 2006
  1. any one had problems accessing windows update site my putor freezes if i try.

:wave: :confused: :angel:

2. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

:wave: Welcome to Techspot! :wave:

No problems that I see. Http://update.microsoft.com is working perfectly here.

At what stage is it freezing up on you?

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Here are some random googles -

1.Delete temp files and cookies.

2.Delete oem.inf files - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281967

3.If you`ve got Norton,get rid of it,and replace it with something else.

4.Try re-registering some windows update componentes.

Go to: START --> RUN --> regsvr32 dispex.dll <enter>

It worked for me.

If WU continues to freeze, try the same above procedure with the components below:

regsvr32 msscript.ocx
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll

4. William R

William R TS Rookie Topic Starter

would appreciate some more suggestions,online support have been working on this prob for 3weeks. By the way excuse my rudeness for being naive an not saying h hi to all, i will loosen up eventually,William R.

5. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

That wasn't rude WilliamR, but never the less your politeness is much appreciated. :)

As for more suggestions other than those that Peddant gavce you above, it could be one of those things that's a pain to track down.

It might proove useful if you could possibly answer the question I asked in my reply. Have you tried any of Peddants suggestions yet?

6. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.