Has anybody played in battle.net sharing a connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigosdefox

Has anybody managed to play starcraft or diablo in battle.net using shared internet connection. I use winroute lite to share my dsl conection between two computers and both of them can play half life simultaneusly without any problem but to play starcraft either only the server computer plays or the client but not both at the same time. To play in the client computer you have to configure winroute to forward packets coming from port 6112 to the client computer. To play in the host computer you have to disable this rule.

I've never played on battle.net, but perhaps this will work out:
How do I set up Battle.net to work through Internet Sharing?
[StarTech.com - StarTech Internet Sharing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)]

To allow a client to use battle.net
On the server:
1. Double click on the rainbow in the system tray.
2. Click on the Services tab.
3. Click on New Mapping.
4. Enter Battle Net TCP as the Name.
5. Check the Active box.
6. Enter 6112 as the port number.
7. Select TCP as the Protocol Type.
8. Enter 6112 at the port number to use on the Default Remote Host.
9. Enter exodus.battle.net as the host to use on the Default Remote Host.
10. Click on OK.
11. Click on New Mapping.
12. Enter Battle Net UDP as the Name.
13. Check the Active box.
14. Enter 6112 as the port number.
15. Select UDP as the Protocol Type.
16. Enter 6112 at the port number to use on the Default Remote Host.
17. Enter exodus.battle.net as the host to use on the Default Remote Host.
18. Click on OK.
On the client:
1. Open the file HOSTS in the Windows directory with Notepad.
2. Add the line "192.168.0.1 exodus.battle.net" (cut and past everything in the quotes).

Or maybe not, as I'm not sure if it's answering your question. ;)

This is kind of what I do in Winroute, but the problem is that either the client can connect or the host but never both computers at the same time.

Yeah, I suspected that - but both the question and the answer was so technical that I didn't understand them. ;)

Anyway, if nobody here knows the answer (if there is one), you might want to post the question on PlanetDiablo's Forums.

i am using a linksys router doing NAT, no problem with Diablo2.
both of my computer can online play the same game.

i don't know if it's the starcraft problem or the client server ICS problem.

Blizzard bans 20,000 accounts
by Tim @ 5:12 PM - [Comments] www.3dspotlight.com
20,000 Battle.net accounts have been banned. All of these accounts were in some way or another associated with 8,500 accounts found to be using the "Chest Hack". The Battle.net team did this in response to the effect that the hack was having on player economy and the stability of the Diablo II realms. For further information, visit the Battle.net site

Reagrding shared users and battlenet:

I am setting a home lan and wish to continue playing starcraft (Battlenet) myself as well and from multiple computers . But a 3 com tech told me my ISDN lan modem 3c892 (with router and hub) would have problems with online gaming because the modem would not be able to do port redirection. So, I am now looking into my buying a block of static addresses and giving each PC it's own address.

And I did see that recently that battlenet announced they were now NAT friendly and so maybe it's true. Where as in my case I am being told by my isdn and the 3 com people to disable nat
for gaming in my lan situation. I am not real technical but if any pieces of this message are of any help then good.

Dennis

I cant get battle.net to work

i am have promblems just try to get on battle.net on starcraft even with only on pc. when i click mulitiplayer battle.net comes up with cant reach battle.net something about modem configured to dial up or configure manually. i have cable internet and i share a connection with a laptop and the two cpu uses wireless internet. i want to noe how to confiured it cause it say somthing about firewall but i shut down zone alarm . i lost my original cd so i am usein the mulitiplayer demo. can u guys get me a program that i can do the ports thing that u guys are doing. thanx alot.

Diablo 2 works just fine on a shared wireless network with 2 pc's. I did it for about a year with no real problems.

Starcraft is another story. It was not designed to use a shared network, so only one PC can do it at once.

When two people share a connection with SC, they get very high lag, and cannot play in the same games on B.net. They see each other with 6 red lag bars.

One of you will have to use a dial-up. It's faster than 6 red bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back