Has there been a recent spike in Malware problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookinAround

just a curiosity question for the malware helpers...

In reading through the list of active posts, i get the impression there's been a sharp increase in requests for malware help over the last month or so.

Just wondering
1) Have you found there's been an increase??
2) And if so, any guess as to why? (e.g. are there alot of new viruses out there the last month? or.... ? )

just being curious :)

I know in the last two months ive been getting alot more of those fake anti virus calls.

I was going through receipts of system ive done this month and Ive made $300 on just virus infections, and a few i did free because they were 10 minute jobs and i was feeling charitable lol

I usually dont see but one or two cases a month, i mostly make money with my builds, but honestly I hope this keeps up, I have a lawyer to pay!

This might not be the right attitude-but- I think there are more and more people who:

1. Don't have good security- or too much causing conflicts.
2. Lack of routine maintenance with too many temporary internet files and screens full of Tracking Cookies.
3.There ARE a lot of Rogue Installers-but- in most cases, good security and safe surfing would prevent most malware.
4. And one of the most important: Almost without exception users have way too much starting on boot and running in the background! Many of the processes are auto-up-daters> BAD.
5. Many are having a problem separating system problems from problems caused by malware.

and the beat goes on- and on- and on, etc!

I don't think this is something we should be discussing instead of helping members, but yes. When the Holidays come around, people tend to slack-off of scans and making sure their security is working and up-to-date.

On the contrary, maybe some of the members will read this and get some idea of why they are getting filled with malware! I don't think the 'holidays' have anything to do with it!

Safe computing is not a seasonal event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back