Haswell-powered Chromebooks reportedly coming at IDF

By Scorpus
Sep 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. According to a report from PCWorld, new Chromebooks powered by Intel's 'Haswell' processors are expected to be announced at the Intel Developer Forum, which runs from September 10-12 in San Francisco.

Read more
  2. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

I thought the point of Chromebooks was that they didn't need much horsepower so seems a bit counter productive to be churning out them with the latest and greatest CPUs.
  3. RenGood08

RenGood08 TechSpot Booster Posts: 191   +13

Maybe they want it to perform with top quality.
  4. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

I suppose they might be focussed on the power saving benefits of Haswell rather than the performance increase over the previous generation.
  5. RenGood08

That would be rather useful. This is the mobile device age. Everyone is on the go and people need something that will last a while and if they can save power, they should go for it. I believe there are probably a lot of benefits behind using a Haswell. I will probably go into more research on these Haswells myself lol.
  6. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Lol they dumped windows and went with Chrome for free to pay for the overpriced intel has been chips
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,667   +868

Google Docs has to be improved before I can switch to a Chromebook. It just doesnt have the features of MS Word.
  8. RenGood08

That I agree with.
  9. huh? I've failed to find gold harware key, that puts on the screen message "I'M RICH AND YOU ARE NOT", its useless without it, better buy 7 vertu phones for everyday use, or pink iphone with gold & dimonds cover

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.