TechSpot

have a .bin file but no .cue files, what can i do

By the_Joster
Apr 6, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,
    howz it going. I am having a small issue wuth a cd image. i downloaded the folder and it has given me the .bin file but i am without the cuesheet. Is there a way i can manipulate another .cue file or does it need to be created at the same time as the .bin file?? It is very annoying but i guess it happens.

Any ideas.

Cheers guys
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Yes you can take another cue file and change its contents to match your .bin. You can even write your own .cue file from scratch if you like. The file time is not important.
  3. the_Joster

the_Joster TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

Hey, thanks very much. I did wonder if i could do that but obviously wasn't sure on the fact of the time frame within the cue sheet.

I shall give that a try.

Cheers again
  4. biker

biker TS Rookie

5. the_Joster

the_Joster TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

Thanks Biker
    That did indeed do the trick. I tried to manipulate an old cue file but this did not lay down the data in the correct order and with the program you just showed me it worked perfectly. Thankyou very much.

the_joster
  6. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 700

Thanx for the link, biker...
    Nice find.

patio. :cool:
  7. biker

biker TS Rookie

Glad i could help....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.