TechSpot

Have a problem with regedit.....help?

By torrenter
Apr 28, 2006
  1. Hi guys! Trying to get rid of an old Alcohol Driver/pnp BIOS extension and using regedit to delete the keys/entries with the old driver name in won't work. I keep on getting 2 errors that I cannot delete them. "Error while deleting key" and "Unable to delete all specified values." Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Have you tried reinstalling Alcohol120% and then unmounting any virtual drives created with the application, then uninstalling the programme?

Regards Howard :)

3. torrenter

torrenter TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 166

Thanks Howard, I've just managed to delete the entries. Turns out I had to right click and adjust permissions. So I was allowed to amend/delete. Funny that "Administrator" wasn't on the list of people who could change registry..I had to allow/click full control on "everyone" before it could work. I don't get the "Found New Hardware" wizard popping up on startup now.
    However, do you know how to stop a folder opening up on startup? The folder I have in question is C:program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI. I had this problem some time back, went away and now is back. Can't find it as a startup process so don't know how to stop it.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Take a look HERE. Whether this will help in your case, I don`t know.

Regards Howard :)

5. torrenter

torrenter TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 166

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the link, I'll soldier on and try and find out how to stop it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.