Have a problem with regedit.....help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

Hi guys! Trying to get rid of an old Alcohol Driver/pnp BIOS extension and using regedit to delete the keys/entries with the old driver name in won't work. I keep on getting 2 errors that I cannot delete them. "Error while deleting key" and "Unable to delete all specified values." Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help.

Have you tried reinstalling Alcohol120% and then unmounting any virtual drives created with the application, then uninstalling the programme?

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard, I've just managed to delete the entries. Turns out I had to right click and adjust permissions. So I was allowed to amend/delete. Funny that "Administrator" wasn't on the list of people who could change registry..I had to allow/click full control on "everyone" before it could work. I don't get the "Found New Hardware" wizard popping up on startup now.
However, do you know how to stop a folder opening up on startup? The folder I have in question is C:program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI. I had this problem some time back, went away and now is back. Can't find it as a startup process so don't know how to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back