Have I got a virus or Trojan - log files attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I am using Firefox browser after a varying amount of time when I left click on a link , instead of opening the link, it saves it to my desktop. If I click on a link in my quick launch bar or on the desktop it shows the files properties.

Its as if I am holding the Alt key down. This only happens after a while ( certain number of keyboard presses or mouse clicks ? ) so cannot be a faulty keyboard - I have even bought a new keyboard.

I followed the guidlelines by

TS Special Forces

and have attatched the 3 log files

You're HJT program is located in the wrong place, please put it into

C:\program files\HiJackThis ( you'll have to create it )

Then make a shortcut and put it to the desktop for easier access, this is because some viruses can hide from HJT if located on the desktop / temp folder

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Uninstall Comodo, this is because your Kaspersky antivirus, already has it`s own firewall and you shouldn`t be running two firewalls.

Make sure you place HJT in the correct directory. SEE HERE.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quote box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\Documents and Settings\Martin\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\pss\PowerReg Scheduler V3.exeStartup

Folder::
C:\qoobox

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^Martin^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe]

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Freefall only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for the reply. I am confused AFAIK my Kaspersky IS just an antivirus its not the security suite so does not have a firewall.

If you`re absolutely sure about that, just leave Comodo as it is and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Freefall only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your log files look clean.

Delete the following folder.

C:\qoobox

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Just thought I would post an update. All of the problems with mouse and keyboard where not due to a trojan it was Kaspersky antivirus 7! removed this and all of the problems went.

Thanks for all of the help, its still nice to know my PC is clean.

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back