Have logs, have spyware "detect.htm". Free Beer.

By mcregger
Dec 20, 2007
  1. I am a newcomer, and I have some logs from Julio's post on preliminary actions for removing spyware/malware post. I had a file that came up as detect.htm from my system32 windows directory. I am attaching the 2 of the 3 logs (crap, can't find the combofix log; let me know if this is a big deal and if I need to rerun it/find it somehow) that he has requested that may be useful to the staff. I am a newcomer to the forum and would really appreciate the help. If you're lucky enough to be in either Denver or Boston, I may be convinced to meet up with you for a FREE BEER! I know everybody likes that. So please give me some help by checking these logs, and I'll make every attempt possible to scratch your back as well. Thank you sooooo much!
  2. mcregger

mcregger TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just forgot about the results of the Panda Antirootkit... they were negative. Thanks for the help!
  3. plasma dragon00

plasma dragon00 TS Rookie Posts: 172

i have no experience at all of reading combofix logs, barely any with hjt logs. i will tell you though, however, that the combofix log does tell a lot about any malware on the pc and could be very helpful to get it removed, so yes you should try to find the log. check the root of your C:\ drive for a file called combofix.txt . if thats not there, then click Start> Search>All Files and Folders> and type combofix.txt into the search box. hit enter, and then it should tell you if it fiinds the file. if it doesnt, i guess you should re-run combofix and then post the logfile.

good luck,

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.