Have logs, have spyware "detect.htm". Free Beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a newcomer, and I have some logs from Julio's post on preliminary actions for removing spyware/malware post. I had a file that came up as detect.htm from my system32 windows directory. I am attaching the 2 of the 3 logs (crap, can't find the combofix log; let me know if this is a big deal and if I need to rerun it/find it somehow) that he has requested that may be useful to the staff. I am a newcomer to the forum and would really appreciate the help. If you're lucky enough to be in either Denver or Boston, I may be convinced to meet up with you for a FREE BEER! I know everybody likes that. So please give me some help by checking these logs, and I'll make every attempt possible to scratch your back as well. Thank you sooooo much!
-Cregger

i have no experience at all of reading combofix logs, barely any with hjt logs. i will tell you though, however, that the combofix log does tell a lot about any malware on the pc and could be very helpful to get it removed, so yes you should try to find the log. check the root of your C:\ drive for a file called combofix.txt . if thats not there, then click Start> Search>All Files and Folders> and type combofix.txt into the search box. hit enter, and then it should tell you if it fiinds the file. if it doesnt, i guess you should re-run combofix and then post the logfile.

good luck,

~plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back