Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Sharky420

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

How does this computer connect to the internet? Wireless connection, Wired (Ethernet / Network Cable) connection, Dialup?

Dial-up I think. I mean to connect I have to click a down pointing arrow near Dial-up and VPN and then the name of my internet connection appears and then I simply click connect.

What type of wire do you have connected to use the internet (telephone cable, Ethernet cable, other)? Trying to help you out but not getting enough information to give an answer yet. Who is your internet service provider? Do you have a modem, cable modem, router, wireless router, no box at all (connect directly to the wall)? You will get a different answer to your question, depending on what you actually use to connect to the internet. Was there software that you had to install in order to connect to the internet? If so, what is the name of the software?

It's years now since I had a dial up connection. It was awfully slow and we couldn't receive phone calls when surfing the web. Maybe you are wrong about this and have a broadband modem and/or wireless router. If not, upgrade to a basic broadband package which will transform your browsing and downloading experience. I do not exaggerate in the slightest.

Back