Have your say on some operating systems

How do you feel about some of the commonly available operating systems ?

• I love MS Windows. It is worth every cent it costs.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I love MS Windows, but I wish it would cost less.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I don’t love MS Windows, but still it is the best.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I hate MS Windows, but I am forced to use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love Linux. I would use it even if it was not free.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I love Linux only because it is free.

• I use/will use Linux because it is free, even though the support is poor.

• I will never use Linux, even if it is free.

• Linux is a lost cause. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

• I love Mac. No other os even comes close.

• Total voters

ravisunny2

How do you feel about some of the commonly available operating systems ?

Please note that multiple choices are allowed.

I love Windows 7, but I'm afraid of it, I think it's a bit too sentient.

"I'm a PC, but having a computer that thinks for me was NOT my idea". (Well, unless it comes with interactive mental health / therapy software).

I'm also worried that M$ "Word" may soon have a function to generate rude, insulting, and derogatory comments programmed into it. Hey, when that happens, automation may threaten my job.

I'm also worried that M$ "Word" may soon have a function to generate rude, insulting, and derogatory comments programmed into it. Hey, when that happens, automation may threaten my job.

No way captain. You'd beat any software, any day. ;)

I voted for options 3 & 9.

Mac is good, but I like Windows and I like the fact that it's endlessly customizable. Customization is big deal for me (hence why I use firefox over Chrome/Opera/IE). Linux just bothers me. Mapping drives is a pain in the *** and mounting stuff is also a pain (not to mention wireless cards don't always work with linux).

Windows is just so easy to use and very customizable. That's why I like it so much. Because I know how to take care of my computer, it doesn't get freeze ups and doesn't crash. Any crash I have had has been due to stupidity of "oh, my antivirus is out of date...i'll get to it eventually." People argue "but with Mac, you don't have that problem" in which I reply "bull ****." The more popular Macs get, the more viruses will be written for it. I think they are at 5 right now. I'm sure once Mac gets into the 15% range of the market share, hackers will start putting more attention on getting into it.

So, for me, it's Windows all the way. And Windows 7 has just made it even more of an enjoyable OS...although I could do without the shitty UAC (although I guess for the average simple user, it's a good thing). I test out so many programs I just had to turn it off because it got so annoying. But other than that, i've been very thrilled with it.

You didn't have enough Mac options - I really like OS X, but I couldn't select the only Mac option you had available on this poll.

You didn't have enough Mac options - I really like OS X, but I couldn't select the only Mac option you had available on this poll.

I think he's referring to just the Apple OS in general. If he were to be specific, he would have all the versions of Windows listed as well as the 50 million different versions of Linux. That makes his options more general than specific.

I think he's referring to just the Apple OS in general. If he were to be specific, he would have all the versions of Windows listed as well as the 50 million different versions of Linux. That makes his options more general than specific.
I don't think thats what he meant.
The only option is i'm a mac maniac and worship apple because its 999999% better; which is very specific and not true.

although I could do without the shitty UAC (although I guess for the average simple user, it's a good thing).
At least windows is 'very customizable'.

I like Windows because a lot of programs I use with it are no where near compatible with Macs, sure, you could argue that you could always run a Windows OS on a Mac, but it generally doesn't feel the same and being forced to adjust to anything has never been a favourable option.

Back