haveing problems playing a game with out it either randomlly crashing the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it randomlly shuts down my pc when im trying to play the game.

The game is called gunbound. this is the first time ive asked for help on this problem so bear with me and my spelling lol.

Ok this random shutdowns of the pc just started with in the last 3 weeks, and the game has always randomlly crashed on me (plays normally then suddenlly the screen frezes for a few secs and then im back to my desktop)

im a little unsure of the problem ive tried many things including updateing my video drivers,scan disking,opening the case and cleaning it out and dusting. im franklly at a loss ill add in my pc info and also im not huge on the tech terms so u may need to exsplane what u mean:
[os] Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 [cpu] 1 Intel Pentium IV @ 2523.87 MHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 [memory] 244/512mb [47.66%] [IIIIIIIII-----------] [display] Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller , NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE card(s), Default Monitor Default Monitor 1024x768x32bpp - 75Hz monitor [sound]
[10:30am] <D2Meep> [hdd] [C: 95,393.75mb (59,663.47mb free)] [F: 131,069.34mb (42,103.62mb free)] [bios] FIC - 42302e31 Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG [connection] Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC RAS Async Adapter

all of that is from my acidmax stats on mirc wasnt sure where to get a full list of stuff without typing it out if theres any ida let me know im not sure whats wrong and yeah ive tryed reinstalling the game and yes there were dust bunnys in my heat syncs i took care of thouse allredy ^.^

edit: i also found this thred here i have the same problems as this person https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17615.html

first of all is this limited to this game alone?do other games run fine?check for any overheating signs,install the latest drivers for your video card and your mobo,direct x and any other update.see if you meet the minimum requirements for the game.(this was just the official response you would get from a techie..so bear with me)

if this is happening in this game only and not in any other and your pc isnt overheating and meeting the minimum requirements,then there is a good chance its an issue with your optical drive,try a combo drive if you've got any around.its an incompatibility issue with some of the games.good luck

shadow_29 said:
first of all is this limited to this game alone?do other games run fine?check for any overheating signs,install the latest drivers for your video card and your mobo,direct x and any other update.see if you meet the minimum requirements for the game.(this was just the official response you would get from a techie..so bear with me)

if this is happening in this game only and not in any other and your pc isnt overheating and meeting the minimum requirements,then there is a good chance its an issue with your optical drive,try a combo drive if you've got any around.its an incompatibility issue with some of the games.good luck
and yes it is limited to this game only as far as i know. the only other game i play is Maplestory and it runs just fine also a no cd free game. graphics are the same as gunbounds and i dont think its my mem being eaten i think might be not sure but maple is a bigger game takes up a lot more space and such even has slightlly higher min requarments than gunbound andit runs perfectlly fine also
one small problem gunbound doesnt use a optical drive (im assuming you mean a CD-drive or dvd-drive) also i have no clue about modding. so i havent overclocked anything also i have updated direct x and run the tests for it i pass them all no problems i re updated my video drivers. not sure what mobo means motherboard? umm im really not sure how to update that. can i just go get newer drivers for it? and if it is over heating im not sure why i havent fiddled with speeds at all and i took the side of the caseing off to let more air in also this may not have anything to do withit or not but when i play gunbound it wont give me the full screen i mean it does btu it changes my refresh rate on my monitor or something so its full screen but it doesnt take up all of the monitor leaveing diffrent sized black gaps on the top bottom and sides havent been able to fix that i have my monitor set at a 75 refresh rate i belive its worked fine for like forever no problems with it any other time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back