Having internet audio problems

By Necrosis
Sep 21, 2006
  1. My sound works for all applications except for my internet apps, ex. Firefox, internet explorer. I'm really getting annoyed because I tried restarting and also checked the sound on everything.

The sound has been working fine up untill now and I don't know why so if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

Thanks, Necrosis.
  2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Try turning the sound acceleration off in dxdiag.
  3. Necrosis

Necrosis TS Rookie Topic Starter

Didn't work... do you have any other ideas?
  4. Sean

Sean TS Rookie Posts: 100

It sounds like a plugin problem with firefox, update you WMP/windows, get vlcmedia player and enable the firefox plugin.
  5. Necrosis

No because it does the same thing with IE...
  6. Sean

Sean TS Rookie Posts: 100

Wtf? You're really ignorant, did you even follow my instructions?
    "No because it does the same thing with IE..."
    Wtf does that mean?
  7. Necrosis

It means that its not just a problem with the Firefox application but also with Internet Explorer aswell meaning that if I were to fix something in Mozilla it wouldn't do anything for my other appliacations... so that means that the problem is not within MF itself but a different source that effects all of my internet browsers. I am not ignorant sir, it seems you may be though.
  8. Domonic

Domonic TS Rookie

fix it?

I have the same problem and nothing still works. Try to system restore to a previous date.
  9. rodorod

rodorod TS Rookie

10. I had the same problem, try this

Hi, I'm new here. I need 3 posts before I can include the link to the solution that worked for me. So scroll down through my 3 posts, and you'll find the link in the fourth one! :D
  11. here we go
  12. on the count of 3......
  13. lushxlethality

lushxlethality TS Rookie

It did! thank you so much :)
  14. shaunryan23

shaunryan23 TS Rookie

this is a great help for anyone with sound problems, thanks for the link!!!!
  15. angeln222

angeln222 TS Rookie

Still no volume

The digitallife website was a great help and I downloaded the registry fix, but unfortunately I still have no sound on the internet. :(
    I checked all sound devices and everything is working properly. I had a nasty joke.blusod virus and spyware, but I believe I got rid of it. If anyone has any other solutions, I would appreciate it. My computer is XP.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.