having Issues with smitfraudfix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have contracted that virus that hijacks my homepage and was diagnosed as the myzor file. I downloaded that smitfraudfix, but on two occasssions now, I cannot get the file to work right, whether I was in safe mode or not. A prompt will come up saying it is missing an exe. file....can anyone help me. I have SOME computer know-how, but not a huge amount.

I was lead to this site from a google search on the topic, so any help would really be appreciated.

and I kid you not...i did nothing differently and it worked this past time...so I apologize for the wasted web space and any moderator should feel free to delete this thread if they see fit.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just to make sure your system is clean.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of beefcake04 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back