Having problems installing Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have had the game installed once then something weird happend and well its a long story. I am trying to re-install and I get two errors;
1) setup.exe has encountered a problem
2) error executing D:\support\the sims 2_unist.exe only part of a ReadprocessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was complete

Now what happened and how do I fix this problem? I am going through Sims withdrawal.

Please email at mvericksangel@gmail.com with answer.

Hi mvericksangel.Welcome to Techspot.

This is from HERE

The error message is caused from Windows trying to use a transfer mode that your CD/DVD drive cannot recognize.

To resolve this issue, you will need to change the transfer mode in your IDE channel properties. Here's how:

Go to Start
Right click My Computer
Select Manage from the resulting menu
In the Computer Management window, select Device Manager
In the right pane, click to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
Identify your CD/DVD drive in the expanded menu and right click the appropriate drive
Select Properties
In the Properties windows, click the Advanced Settings tab
In the Transfer Mode box that represents your CD/DVD drive (typically Device 1), open the drop down menu and select PIO Only

If this does not resolve your issue, then you will need to go back using the above procedure and change the Device 1 in step #9 back to "DMA if available". Then, change Device 0 to "PIO Only" in the Transfer Mode box.

Device 0: Primary IDE Channel
Device 1: Secondary IDE Channel

Thank You `

I found out that it is not the disk or anything that I did. I need a new hard drive this one is out dated and need to update I will be getting a new one soon but thank you so much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back